Why Exercise Physiology?
Healthy Connections is fully staffed by a team of Accredited Exercise Physiologists (AEPs) who hold a four-year university degree, are allied-health professionals with a Medicare Provider number, and are trained members of the health and medical sector.
- AEPs are not personal trainers.
- Exercise Physiologists specialise in the delivery of exercise for the prevention and management of chronic diseases and injuries.
- AEPs provide support for clients with conditions such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, osteoporosis, mental health problems, cancer, arthritis, pulmonary disease and more.
- AEPs are eligible to register with Medicare Australia, the Department of Veterans’ Affairs and WorkCover and are recognised by most private health insurers.
How AEP’s can help you?
AEPs can provide physical activity and behaviour change support for everyone to maximise their health and fitness. The specific areas that AEPs can help include:
- overcome persisting pain caused by injury or overuse
- muscle strengthening and improved bone health
- improve balance and reduced risk of falls
- improve heart health
- rehabilitation following a cardiac event
- controlling of diabetes
- prevent pre-diabetes from progressing to full diabetes
- improve recovery following cancer treatment
- improve general health and wellbeing.